November 16, 2023 8:09 PM
- During a Developments in Sports Betting panel Tuesday at the PrimeTime Sports & Entertainment Sports Management Conference & Trade Show in Toronto, long-time NHL executive Brian Burke said that the amount of betting today “terrifies” him. “I think we’re going to have a huge problem in our sport,” he added.
- Appearing on the Gaming News Canada Show, Canadian Gaming Association president/CEO Paul Burns discussed the beginning of meetings between the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario and stakeholders in the province’s regulated sports betting and igaming industry around proposed changes by the commission to advertising standards.
- A gambling streamer claims he was kicked out of a Montreal casino last weekend because of an article that referred to him as someone with a “gambling addiction”.
- NorthStar Gaming announced this week triple-digit gains wagers and revenues for the third quarter of 2023.
- Canadian operator Rivalry is releasing a fantasy basketball app in partnership with Low6 for the 2023-24 NBA season. The app won’t be available in Ontario.