- On the latest Gaming News Canada Show podcast presented by Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt, the investment by Ryan Reynolds into Nuvei, and the latest collaboration between Rivalry and Pinnacle were topics for much conversation.
- Casinos owned by Gateway Casino & Entertainment are slowly reopening following a cyber attack on the company’s 14 Ontario venues.
- Canadian music legend Bryan Adams, along with Daulton Varsho, Danny Jansen and Brandon Belt of the Toronto Blue Jays, brought some star power to the official opening of the Pickering Casino Resort just east of Toronto.
- Sports gaming software company Tallysight is coming to Canada for the first time as a new partner of Toronto-based media business Homestand Sports.
- The first-quarter 2023 earnings report by Penn Entertainment this week included positive news around the performance of theScore Bet in Ontario.
The latest edition of the Gaming News Canada newsletter presented by GBG Plc includes an interview with Canadian Gaming Association president/CEO Paul Burns about the willingness of stakeholders to work with the Ontario’s alcohol and gaming commission on changes to advertising standards. And, placing a legal wager on Saturday’s Kentucky Derby is a daunting task for Ontario bettors.