August 3, 2023 8:05 PM
- Rush Street Interactive CEO Richard Schwartz, during an earnings call Wednesday, said he’s confident that other provinces in Canada will eventually follow Ontario’s lead and open a regulated gambling marketplace.
- Canada’s disappointing performance, combined with a mediocre effort from Team USA, in the group stage of the FIFA Women’s World Cup has given regulated sportsbooks in Ontario a leg up on bettors.
- The Gaming News Canada Show podcast presented by Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP included a conversation with Rivalry CEO Steven Salz on the Canadian operator’s submission to the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) with feedback to the commission’s proposed changes to advertising standards involving the use of athletes and other celebrities and social media influencers.
- Heidi Reinhart has been appointed the new chair of the board for iGaming Ontario. A partner at Horton Rose Fulbright, Reinhart replaces Dave Forestell, who left the iGO board to take the same position with the board of directors at the AGCO.
- The Canadian Football League announced this week the NEO.bet is joining the league as an authorized gaming operator and official betting partner. NEO.bet, which received its license to operate in Ontario back in March, joins FanDuel as a sports betting partner for the CFL.