September 14, 2023 8:49 PM
- The Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario has fined the owners of Toronto’s Woodbine Casino $80,000 (CDN) after finding them guilty of failing to detect or take appropriate action on the information provided to prevent a cheat-at-play and dealer collusion scheme.
- On the latest episode of the Gaming News Canada Show podcast, Kindred Group’s Amanda Brewer and Sports Interaction lead trader Phill Gray discussed the amended rules around advertising for regulated sports betting and igaming operators in Ontario. They agreed that more clarity is required around defining athletes, celebrities and social media influencers who appeal to minors.
- The fledgling Professional Women’s Hockey League, which will launch in January with six teams in Canada and the U.S., introduced Canadian Tire as its first founding partner on Tuesday. Gaming News Canada reported on the opportunities and challenges for the league and its teams doing partnership deals with sportsbook operators.
- Calgary-based games provider Real Luck Group has signed a letter of intent to pursue capital funding for growth and acquisitions.
- Toronto esports company OverActive Media has launched a Content Creator Academy made up of 20 influencers to represent the Toronto Ultra, Toronto Defiant, and MAD Lions.