May 18, 2023 9:05 PM
- Gambling industry veteran Benjie Cherniak, GeoComply government and public affairs executive John Pappas, Tallysight co-founder Masheed Ahadi, and Kris Abbott from Betano Canada stopped by the Gaming News Canada Show podcast presented by Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP for a live edition on the final day of the SBC Summit North America.
- The British Columbia Lottery Corporation is enhancing identification requirements in support of its Game Break self-exclusion program, meaning everyone entering a casino in the province will have to show government-issued photo ID.
- Speaking of British Columbia, the province’s government is proposing changes to its Gaming Control Act to further promote responsible gambling.
- Canadian public broadcaster CBC says it has no responsibility for the sports gambling commercials and content that appear on its coverage of the NHL Stanley Cup playoffs.
- VICI Properties continues to grow its Canadian presence with the announcement it has entered into a sale-leaseback arrangement with Century Casinos for four venues in Alberta, including the Century Downs Racetrack and Casino in Calgary.
In the latest edition of the Gaming News Canada newsletter presented by GBG Plc, PointsBet managing director and CEO Sam Swanell explains why the company’s Canadian business isn’t included in the sale of its American business to Fanatics.