1. The $1 billion Great Canadian Casino Resort Toronto, which will include a 400-room hotel and 5,000-seat live-entertainment venue, will open this summer adjacent to Woodbine Racetrack.
2. The Premier of the provincial government in British Columbia is calling for stronger legislation with Canada’s financial crime laws in the aftermath of the latest money laundering investigation.
3. The Saskatchewan Indian Gaming Authority points to the arrival of legal single-event sports betting with opening the door to cut the ribbon on SIGA’s first sports bar this week.
4. Canadian esports company Rivalry announced Thursday an expansion of its agreement with Grayhound, with plans to collaborate on a collection of content around the Australian organization’s CS:GO team.
5. Bayes Esports head of growth and finance Christopher Bohlmann appeared on the latest episode of the Gaming News Canada Show podcast and spoke about the “healthy transformation” of the esports industry so far in 2023.
Gaming News Canada reported this week that iGaming Ontario has incurred the wrath of sportsbook and igaming operators with unexpected invoices between $25,000 and $150,000 tied to banking charges being passed along by the subsidiary of the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario.
March 9, 2023 5:38 PM