- Rivalry co-founder and CEO Steven Salz explained that the company’s $10 million financing commitment announcement with Pinnacle this week happened in large part by being aligned on the business of esports betting.
- NorthStar Gaming’s acquisition of Slapshot Media is the first step towards the Ontario-based company taking its sports betting and igaming business into other provinces across the country.
- The Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario handed down $51,700 (U.S.) in fines to Bunchberry Limited, Mobile Incorporated Limited, and LeoVegas Gaming PLC for offering uncertified slots to the public.
- The Alberta Court of Appeal dismissed a challenge to the Alberta Gaming, Liquor and Cannabis Commission’s decision to create Play Alberta in 2020.
- The Canadian Football League, through its partnership with data and technology partner Genius Sports, has relaunched its CFL Game Zone platform for the 2023 season.
On the latest Gaming News Canada Show podcast presented by Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP, SBC Americas executive Aidan Brain set the table for the upcoming SBC Summit North America, and there was also a roundtable discussion on the coalition for responsible gambling advertising involving pro sports leagues and broadcasters.