1. Sports Interaction, acquired by Entain from Avid Gaming a little more than a year ago, launched Thursday its new online sportsbook and casino. Leon Thomas, Entain’s managing director of Canada, said Sports Interaction will also provide local coverage of all seven NHL clubs this season and also launch live video watch parties which will appear on the operator’s digital platforms.
2. Conor Murray, the vice president of marketing for FanDuel, joined the latest Gaming News Canada Show podcast, and pointed to the recent addition of an enhanced betting feature to TSN’s digital platforms as the result of collaboration of product teams at both the sportsbook operator and the Canadian sports media network.
3. The continuing evolution of single-event sports betting in Canada presents the latest challenge to the future of the Canadian horse racing industry.
4. Even though the Quebec Online Gaming Coalition has received recent support from the CFL, NBA and MLS, Loto-Québec hasn’t changed its stance when it comes to the province opening its doors to other regulated online sportsbook and igaming operators.
5. Toronto-based Rivalry unveiled this week its latest online casino game, Cash and Dash, that brings together modern video game studio development and game play.