November 10, 2022 6:59 PM
- Geolocation technology company GeoComply opened its third Canadian office on Tuesday with the Attorney-General of Ontario Doug Downey participating in a ribbon-cutting ceremony in Toronto. The 30-member staff at the new location includes existing GeoComply employees who have been relocated from war-torn Ukraine.
- John Tavares, the captain of the NHL Toronto Maple Leafs, has been named a brand ambassador for the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation’s PROLINE+ sportsbook product. Tavares joins teammate Auston Matthews (Bet99) and Edmonton Oilers captain Connor McDavid (BetMGM) as current NHLers having endorsement deals with sportsbook operators.
- TheScore has received Silver recognition from the CLIO Sports Awards in both the Experiential Events and Sports Betting Experience categories for TheScore Bet Skyline Seats activation at this summer’s RBC Canadian Open men’s golf tournament in Toronto.
- The sports expert for the Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport is concerned that the country’s new sports betting landscape has increased the possibility for match fixing to occur.
- Canadian Gaming Association president/CEO Paul Burns and OLG communications lead Tony Bitonti were on the latest Gaming News Canada Show podcast to discuss the long-awaited arrival of sports betting at some casinos in Ontario.
For more on what’s happening north of the border, visit the Gaming News Canada newsletter.