- Rivalry CEO Steven Salz and Bayes Esports finance director Christopher Bohlmann addressed both the upheaval around the esports industry in the first two months of 2023, and why they’re bullish on the business.
- Gaming News Canada provided a first look at PointsBet Canada’s new responsible gambling ad with Kerri Einarson and her Canadian women’s curling championship rink. The ad will appear both in-venue and on television broadcasts during the Tim Hortons Brier, which begins today in London, Ontario.
- Six-time Grammy Award winner – and Madison Square Garden regular – Billy Joel opened the new 5,000-seat OLG Stage at Fallsview Casino in Niagara Falls last weekend.
- Speaking of OLG, CDC Gaming Reports contributor Mark Keast wrote an explainer about how the provincial lottery corporation distributes casino revenues to communities.
- Canadian Gaming Association president and CEO Paul Burns was among the panelists on TV Ontario’s show The Agenda for a discussion on “Is Betting Taking the Fun Out of Sports?”.
In the latest Gaming News Canada newsletter, Paysafe business development executive Greg Kirsten speaks about the uniqueness of the Ontario gambling industry from a payments perspective, and there’s a potential windfall for the province’s regulated sportsbooks when the FIFA World Cup comes to North America in 2026.