March 16, 2023 8:21 PM
- In a blog post on its website Thursday, Coolbet announced that it won’t be renewing its Ontario licence and will be the first online sportsbook and gaming operator to leave the province since the regulated market opened last April.
- TheScore has a new web version for its sports betting and casino offerings, including the latest odds and lines on the Toronto Blue Jays, Raptors and Maple Leafs, which can be seen without logging into an account.
- Tom Mungham, the Registrar and Chief Executive Officer of The Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario, is retiring this fall. The AGCO’s board of directors will begin the search to replace Mungham, who has been with the organization since 2006 and was in charge of putting the province’s open sports betting and igaming industry into place.
- A third-year Juris Doctor candidate at the Queen’s University Faculty of Law has published an analysis of money laundering in the Canadian online gaming industry.
- Playmaker Capital has a new partnership with the NBA to feature the league’s video highlights and other content on the Canadian company’s brand Futbol Sites in Latin America.
The latest edition of the Gaming News Canada newsletter includes coverage from the iGaming Next NYC23 conference on the challenges facing the igaming industry in the U.S., and a discussion amongst sports betting executives from the NFL, NBA and MLB on the integration of leagues, teams, media and wagering.