January 5, 2023 8:03 PM
1. BetMGM has informed its customers in Ontario that they may have been victims of the data breach discovered by the company last year.
2. NHL superstar Nathan MacKinnon and the Stanley Cup-champion Colorado Avalanche made the most money for DraftKings’ customers in Ontario last year. The New York Rangers were the second-most bet-on team by the sportsbooks’ players while the Calgary Flames were tops among the NHL’s seven Canadian clubs.
3. The Anishinabek Nation in Northern Ontario is receiving just over $50,000 from the province’s Ministry of Health to address problem gambling in the Indigenous community.
4. The Score, for the seventh year in a row, has been honoured by Mediacorp Canada as one of the country’s Top Small and Medium Employers in 2022.
5. Canadian supplier BetRite has collaborated with Gaming Arts and Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries on the launch of the Bingo Millions game.
In the inaugural Thursday newsletter of 2023, Gaming News Canada set the table on some storylines to watch in Ontario and across the rest of the country – and North America – over the next 12 months.