- As expected with a quarter that included the NFL regular season, the FIFA World Cup, and the start of the NHL and NBA regular seasons, iGaming Ontario announced Thursday a Performance Marketing Report that showed total wagers of $11.53 billion (CAD) representing a 91-per-cent increase over Q2 2022-23.
- The Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLG) is the latest gambling partner for Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment, with a multi-year deal that makes OLG’s PROLINE+ the official sports betting partner of MLSE’s Real Sports restaurant adjacent to Scotiabank Arena in Toronto.
- Well Played Media’s Casino Days brand is the newest entry into Ontario’s regulated sports betting and igaming industry.
- Gamres, an Ottawa-based responsible gaming consulting and research practice, will be collaborating with DraftKings on a safer play initiative.
- Vancouver-based GeoComply has plans to broaden its business after securing funding from investment firms Norwest Venture Partners and Arctos Sports Partners.
This week’s Gaming News Canada newsletter includes an interview with retired NFL tight end Luke Willson, now an analyst on TSN’s FanDuel Sundays coverage of the National Football League. We also spoke with Brittany Almeida on leaving TSN to join Low6 as the sales and strategy director for the gamification technology company. Also, Sports Betting Hall of Fame member Sue Schneider and Benjie Cherniak of Avenue H Capital were special guests on the latest Gaming News Canada Show podcast.