- SBC, the global events and media company, and Gaming News Canada announced this week a partnership around SBC’s sports betting and igaming events in Canada and the United States.
- The Ontario politician who led the charge in pushing the federal government to open the door for legal single-event sports betting across Canada is calling for a ban on sports betting and igaming ads featuring high-profile athletes.
- Genius Sports will supply TSN’s new TSN+ streaming channel with real-time, data-driven broadcast overlays for the remainder of the NFL playoffs and Super Bowl LVII.
- On the latest edition of the Gaming News Canada Show podcast, Responsible Gambling Council CEO Shelley White, Kindred Group Canadian country manager Amanda Brewer and Quarter4 founder/CEO Kelly Brooks spoke about the work being done by the sports betting and gaming industry to be a more welcoming place for women – especially in providing leadership opportunities.
- The Saskatchewan Indian Gaming Authority, which manages gaming on behalf of the provincial government in the Canadian Prairies, has added a live gaming feature to its online product.
In the latest Gaming News Canada newsletter, the sports betting industry faced criticism over the past week from two of Canada’s largest media entities while the Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport announced it is expanding its anonymous hotline for suspicious activity around match-fixing.