January 12, 2023 8:33 PM
- On the latest Gaming News Canada Show podcast, Unibet’s Amanda Brewer, Bet99’s Jared Beber and Betano’s Kris Abbott led a discussion on the efforts by sportsbooks to integrate sports media into their business.
- Homestand Sports, a division of Parleh Media Group (which also owns Gaming News Canada), announced that it will be producing and distributing exclusive original programming on SportsGrid streaming connected TV platforms in Canada, beginning next month.
- Sean Fitz-Gerald of The Athletic interviewed veteran Canadian journalist Bob McKeown in advance of his investigation for CBC’s The Fifth Estate into the avalanche of sports betting advertising in Canada.
- SBC unveiled its plans for the 2023 Canadian Gaming Summit, which it is now managing on behalf of the Canadian Gaming Association. The 26th annual conference will take place in Toronto June 13-15.
- GeoComply CEO Anna Sainsbury was among 10 Canadians interviewed for a feature on “the power of a fresh start” by The Globe and Mail.
Thursday’s edition of the Gaming News Canada newsletter also includes coverage of Wednesday’s official opening of the first full-service retail sportsbook in Ontario at Caesars Windsor.