1. GeoComply wasn’t only busy working on behalf of sportsbook operators in the United States during Super Bowl Week. It turns out the Canadian company also implemented its anti-fraud systems for its Ontario clients and blocked 9,000 attempts at placing bets from outside the province.
2. NorthStar Gaming announced at the beginning of the week that it has a 10-year extension of its agreement with Playtech, and that it includes strategic investment with an eye on regulated sports betting and online gaming in Canada expanding beyond Ontario.
3. On the latest Gaming News Canada Show podcast, Aubrey Levy of theScore led a discussion on the relationship between sports and sports betting content while Melissa Toney from the Responsible Gambling Council delivered her thoughts on the results of the organization’s recent survey of bettors planning to wager on the Super Bowl.
4. Jonah Sigel, who covers the Canadian sports media landscape, broke the news that Rogers Sports & Media is pulling the plug on its SNBets brand less than a year after launching it.
5. FSB, the European-based sportsbook and igaming service provider, is making its North American debut through a partnership with Fitzdares – the UK sportsbook which launched in Ontario last week.