December 16, 2022 6:00 AM
- The Canadian Gaming Association, at its recent Annual General Meeting in Vancouver, elected six new members to an expanded board of directors. They are: Dale Hooper (FanDuel), Scott Vanderwel (PointsBet Canada) and Bruce Caughill (Rush Street Interactive), Playtech executive Charmaine Hogan, Aristocrat Gaming marketing chief Niaz Nejad, and Mark Harper (NS Sports).
- FanDuel CEO Amy Howe came to Canada last week, visiting the company’s Toronto office and participating in a Women Leaders in Sport event hosted by Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment.
- This year’s thoroughbred racing season delivered Woodbine Entertainment its largest single-season handle ever.
- Speaking of Woodbine, a two-part series examined the connection – and the disconnect – between the businesses of horse racing and sports betting in Ontario.
- The latest Gaming News Canada Show podcast included a discussion about the opportunities for sportsbooks to invest in a proposed Canadian professional women’s soccer league, and other women’s sports.
In the final newsletter of 2022, Gaming News Canada offered some gifts and wishes across the industry and interviewed Canadian Gaming Association president/CEO about the economic boost the growing gambling market is providing beyond Ontario’s regulated sports betting and iGaming industry.