Call it the Final Four plus one.
The five finalists for SBC Summit North America’s First Pitch contest were introduced Friday. The competition, scheduled for May 10 at SBC Summit North America, is sponsored by Flatiron Gaming.
“We partner with early-stage companies to help build the right infrastructure for growth, execute effective user acquisition, monetization and retention strategies, and deliver the business performance metrics needed to enable large VC rounds or exits,” said Flatiron Gaming Founder & CEO Ryan Faber in a statement. “As such, we want to support this next wave of high-potential entrepreneurs as a growth partner, investor and strategic advisor. Our advice to the finalists would be, track everything, iterate quickly and always be testing and always maintain direct open communication with your most engaged and valuable customers.”
The finalists are:
- Scrimmage Co: A retention tool that helps operators retain customers through a game-oriented rewards program.
- BettorFantasy: Offers daily fantasy sports contests for all major sports.
- Bettor Vision: A free mobile app that aggregates fantasy sports and sports betting accounts in one place.
- Sweeps: The only sports game that builds savings instead of debt by using FDIC-insured prize-linked savings accounts and live entertainment.
- Inside the Pocket: A white label B2B content aggregation platform focusing on F2P and P2P gaming content.
First Pitch will be hosted by Jesse Learmonth of The Betting Startups Podcast. Judges include Adam Krejcik, principal, Eilers & Krejcik Gaming; Sharp Alpha Advisors Managing Partner Lloyd Danzig; NJEDA Director Clark Smith; Melissa Blau, CEO of iGaming Capital; and Faber.
The winner earns a prize package worth more than $55,000 that includes a six month sports and emerging verticals subscription from Eilers & Krejcik Gaming, and a promotional package from SBC Media. Other prizes include a brand or web design package from Vegas Kings; a press pack via Business Wire; a video interview produced and shared by GameOn; two thought-leadership articles placed within a SBC media partner; a tailored digital marketing package from Receptional; and $5,000 from Discerning Capital.